The Commonwealth Institute and Boston Globe Magazine are excited to announce the 2017 edition of the Top 100 Women-Led Businesses in MA survey. We take holistic approach to creating our Top 100 Women-Led Businesses list, factoring in revenue, diversity, innovation, and customer benefits. Both non-profit and for-profit organizations are eligible for the list. Please note that revenue (or non-profit operating budgets) will not be published. We ask that organizations take this survey to be considered for the Top 100 list. Results will appear in the October 29 issue of The Boston Globe Magazine.
The deadline for submissions has been extended to June 9.
The following information will be requested in the survey. The survey will take about 15 minutes.
- Submitter Contact Information
- Company Name
- Location of Massachusetts Headquarters
- Female leader’s name
- Female leader’s exact title (examples: CEO, President, Managing Director, Executive Director, Owner)
- If the position began or ended in 2016 or 2017, please note that and give the date.
- Business Type
- What percentage of your company’s upper management (Vice President or higher) is female?
- What percentage of your organization’s Board of Directors or Board of Advisors is female?
- What percentage of your workforce is female?
- What percentage of your workforce is considered “diverse”? (Key characteristics of workforce diversity include race, ethnicity, age, religion, and ability.)
- Annual revenue (or operating budget for non-profit organizations) as of December 31, 2016
- Number of full-time equivalent (FTE) employees globally in 2016
- Number of full-time equivalent (FTE) employees in MA in 2016
- What was your company’s single most significant innovation in 2016?
- What is your company’s most distinctive or important benefit to it’s customers?
Additional / Optional Research Questions
- What initiatives have you implemented to bring diversity into your workplace?
- What is the biggest challenge your organization is managing in the uncertainty of the regulatory and economic climate?
- What leadership attributes do you feel are most important today?
- Do you offer any unique employee benefits? If yes, what are they?
- What rate of growth do you expect for your company in 2016-2017?
- What rate of growth do you expect for the economy of Massachusetts in 2016-2017?