In these fast-paced, economically-challenging times, management development within companies often falls by the wayside. For women who aspire to senior leadership positions, this lack of focus on career growth and training is especially alarming.
Our solution? Strategies for Success: A Development Program for Emerging and High Potential Women Managers.
Bringing together women from a broad range of industries and with a wide variety of experiences, this four-day, intensive curriculum is led by successful senior executives. Topics covered include tools of leadership, effective management, powerful communication and emotional intelligence based on real world experiences.
In addition, and with the input of her company’s management and the ongoing guidance of an assigned mentor, each participant will have the opportunity to learn and practice skills that have been specifically identified as part of a personal development plan.
Benefits for the Participant
- Exposure to women who have succeeded in reaching the top ranks of their companies and are experts in their fields
- Safe environment to learn and practice new skills
- Pairing with an experienced business woman who will serve as a mentor during the program
- Acquire a range of skills and techniques that can be used immediately from assessing the environment to handling problem employees
- Make connections with women in different companies who are in the same phase of their careers
- Greater self awareness while creating an actionable personal development plan
Benefits for the Sponsor Company
- Active involvement of manager/human resource executive to identify goals and skills for participant
- Accelerated learning for emerging and high potential managers
- Reduce company risk associated with transition
- Cost effective method for increasing manager impact
- Contribute to manager growth and retention and develop new talent
- Richness of experience from across industries and senior professionals
- Enhance corporate brand
Dates: October 4, October 18, November 8, December 1
Location: iRobot, Bedford, MA
Investment: $2,500/participant. Discount of 10% for sending 4 or more women from same company. TCI Members receive $250 discount.
You can reserve your spot for the Fall 2016 program by contacting Lizzie Dunklee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our location sponsor, iRobot!
Featured Presenter for Strategies for Success: Susan Hodgkinson, Principal, The Personal Brand Company
Susan Hodgkinson is an early trailblazer in personal branding, and founded The Personal Brand Company in May 1994. She is a leadership development expert, award-winning executive coach, and professional speaker. Hodgkinson was the first practitioner in the US to combine 15 years of a corporate marketing and branding approach to developing leaders, and the first to build a leadership development model—“The 5 P’s of Leadership Brand®” –fusing the two disciplines. Hodgkinson was the first practitioner in the US to create a leadership development model that incorporated the needs and issues of women and people of color into the mainstream framework, vs. creating a ‘separate’ framework for these talent pools. She works with thousands of professionals in a diverse array of businesses who know they must strategically manage their own professional learning, leadership development and personal brand to succeed—for their company and themselves. In 2005, Hodgkinson published The Leader’s Edge: Using Personal Branding to Drive Performance and Profit with iUniverse. The book went on to sell more than 30,000 copies worldwide and received the Pinnacle Book Achievement Award in 2009.
The Leader’s Edge is now considered to be the defining textbook on personal branding for leaders in the US and abroad. Hodgkinson’s work has most recently been featured in The New York Times, The Indian Express, The Detroit Free Press, Essence Magazine, The Boston Globe, Fox News, Chronicle, and other major electronic media and syndicated business columns. She holds her MBA from Simmons School of Management and is on the Executive Education faculty there and at other business schools and Leadership Institutes.