The Commonwealth Institute
The Commonwealth Institute (TCI) helps women business leaders become and remain successful.
(TCI) is a non-profit organization devoted to advancing businesswomen in leadership positions in Massachusetts and Florida. We are ambitious, success-oriented women committed to growing our respective organizations and to supporting each other as we accomplish our individual goals.
Our membership includes CEOs, senior corporate executives, entrepreneurs, executive directors of nonprofits and solo professionals who are committed to building successful businesses, organizations and careers. We come from a range of industries and from a variety of backgrounds. We run large companies, we lead small companies, we manage nonprofits, and we work as sole proprietors. We are a community of women offering a collaborative brain trust for fellow members and a platform for each of us to achieve our goals.
For more information, please visit www.commonwealthinstitute.org.
TCI is passionate about advancing women leaders. We have enjoyed a long track record of success and market impact in New England and Florida and are at a critical inflection point in our growth. We are seeking a leader who will be a change agent with a track record of transformation and growth and will develop a new strategy and vision for TCI, which builds upon our mission and reputation as a force in advancing women’s leadership.
Reporting to the President of the Board of Directors and based in Boston, the Executive Director will lead all aspects of the organization. The Executive Director, in conjunction with the Board of Directors, will develop the long-term strategic plan, develop the organization’s goals and objectives, and oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of all programs and services. The Executive Director will bring energy, insight, and fresh perspectives and have the executive presence and influence skills to gain buy in and alignment. We need an executive who is strategic and visionary but is able to dive into the detail required to make things happen.
Defining Strategy and Planning
- Defining the vision and the agenda for growth and modify, deconstruct, and create new frameworks and strategies as the organization evolves
- Leading and managing the organization against the strategic objectives
- Inspiring new thinking, affirm what is working, create new initiatives and programs to drive growth and expand our footprint, and increase the organization’s ability to deliver high impact programs for our current and future membership.
- Building alliances and partnerships with corporations and other organizations, which raise our profile, increase our impact, and grow our revenues and profits
- Developing fundraising strategies and executing upon them
- Increasing revenue in existing programs and actively seeking new revenue streams in keeping with the mission and strategy
Budget and Financial Management
- Ensuring the budget is managed against agreed upon goals, compliance with accounting regulations, and manage the financial reporting to the Board and Auditors
The ED will be thoroughly committed to The Commonwealth Institute’s mission. All candidates should be tenacious, pragmatic, and able to roll up their sleeves to make things happen. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- A proven business executive with 15+ years of experience
- A proven track record of significantly growing an organization by setting the vision and strategy and delivering results
- Strong personal leadership, excellent leadership and influence skills, commercial acumen, and the ability to deliver tangible results.
- Excellent executive presence and be able to work at the CEO and Board level
- A proven track record of raising money
- Entrepreneurial drive, cultural astuteness, and corporate experience
- Ideally this individual will have worked across industry and have experience in the not for profit world.
Interested parties should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.